Soil Solutions – Organic Compost Producer
The Project Brief
Soil Solutions have been supplying local farmers with high quality compost in bulk for over five years. They made the decision to enter the consumer market with bagged products and needed a website to facilitate that. Steve Garth Ink were initially hired to build their website but were also given the opportunity to consult on the development of their product line and sales, marketing and channel partner strategy.
- We created their corporate identity
- We created the product messaging
- We built a website that projects brand and educates the consumer
- We built an eCommerce solution for the sale of their bagged consumer products
The primary challenge we faced was identifying the features and benefits of the product and conveying them to the target audience.
- Create a value proposition
- Educating the consumer on the benefits of high quality compost
Soil Solutions have a successful track record of supplying high quality compost in bulk to the local farming community. It is this product they planned to bag and supply the consumer.
We decided to communicate the value of the product by connecting the two following concepts:
- Organic compost grows nutrient rich food
- Which in turn provides the nutrients our bodies need for a fit, healthy and long lived life.
This messaging resonates well with the rapidly growing health conscious consumer market and the organic farming community.
A secondary message was the quality of the compost itself. Soil Solutions compost is much higher concentrated than the compost you would normally buy in a big box store. In practice this means that you need to apply 2-3 times less than regular compost.
In addition there is a lot of sophisticated science that goes into creating the Soil Solutions compost recipe which delivers a much higher degree of nutrient value to the soil than regular compost.
We also felt it important to educate the consumer on the art, science, commitment and passion that goes into the compost production process at Soil Solutions. It establishes a connection at the emotional level with the target audience and adds value to the product itself.
The Soil Solutions website is successfully building a strong base of loyal customers, both consumers and wholesale.
We’d love to discuss building you an online presence that gets you more customers and makes you more sales. Call us on 505 250 1990.
- Set the goals
- Sales and Marketing Consultancy
- Create Messaging Strategy
- User Interface
- Content Architecture
- Responsive Design for Mobile Devices
- Branding – Logo Design
- Print Design – Packaging and Flyers
- eCommerce Solution
- Content Editing
- Image Processing
- On-page SEO
- Blog creation, coaching
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing